Framing images is the technique of using elements in the foreground or background of a photo to create a natural frame that draws the viewer’s eye towards the subject.
Here are a few ideas when you are creating your images using Framing:
- Use natural elements: Look for natural elements such as trees, branches, or foliage that can be used as a frame around your subject.
- Look for archways and doorways: Archways and doorways can be used to create a frame around your subject, adding a sense of depth and interest to the image.
- Shoot through windows: Windows can be used as a frame for your subject, and they can also add a reflective quality to the image.
- Use reflections: Water, mirrors, or any reflective surface can be used to create a frame around your subject, and they can also add a unique element to the image.
- Use shadows: Shadows can be used as a frame or element in your composition, adding a sense of drama and interest to the image.
Remember, framing is a creative technique, so don’t be afraid to experiment and try different ideas.
Look for interesting shapes, textures, and patterns that can be used to frame your subject. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy the process!