Fill the FRAME
Filling the frame means filling the entire space of your photograph with your subject, leaving little or no empty space.
It’s a great way to create a bold and impactful image that draws the viewer’s attention straight to your subject.
Looking to Fill the Frame:
- Move closer to your subject. Physically move your bodyUse a zoom lens
- Experiment with different angles.low angle to capture the texture of the groundhigh angles to capture the shapes and patterns of the trees.
- Subject placementSubject off centerNegative space
- Blur your backgroundOnly have your subject in focus
- Keep an eye out for details that can be used as the main subject in your photo. It can be the texture of the tree bark, the veins in a leaf or a flower bud.
- Look for good light. Light will help to highlight your subject, bring out the details, and textures.